Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Card on Pagemaps!

Last May 1, I received an email from Becky Fleck of Pagemaps.com:


Hello!


I’ve just finished the June 2007 set of CardMaps and am looking for contributors to make samples for the newsletter and web site. You had emailed me previously expressing an interest in creating samples. If you are still interested, please reply to this email no later than Thursday, May 3, 2007, and I will send you a sketch and further details. Also, please let me know your size preference (5x7, 3x8, 6x6 or 7x5) ? it would help to have an alternate choice too, in case I run out of the size of your first choice. Thank you for your willingness to contribute?I look forward to hearing from you!





Becky PageMaps


p.s. It might be a couple of days before you hear from me again; I usually wait until all contributors have replied so I can see what size requests have been made. Thanks for your patience!


Unfortunately, her email got lost with the amount of junk emails I get everyday. Good thing, she emailed me again last May 4.


Hello, I sent you the email (below) this past Tuesday, May 1st, but didn’t hear back from you. I’ve been having troubles with my PageMaps email account, so I am resending this email to you from my personal account. If you are still interested in contributing to the card samples for June, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks so much!


Becky


Now good thing I didn't miss this or I would have given myself a whack in the head. Of course I'll do it! I told her my first choice was to do a 6x6 card, then a 5x7 then a 7x5. Good thing she gave me a 6x6 as that's what I've been doing around that time for the Scrapfest. I finished this card at the very last minute sending it a day before the deadline (May 25) since I had been busy with the preparations for Scrapfest. Still having my Scrapfest hangover with the paper folding technique we demonstrated, and getting fond of the scallop edges of papers, I combined both with this card layout. Using the MME Tres Jolie papers I bought during the NSD event of Scrapbukan, I folded the patterned paper till it fill the front of the card. Traced and cut scallop edges. Cut the paisleys from the Tres Jolie paper and added rub-ons and spiral clips and viola!

No comments: