Friday, October 19, 2007

Kelly Goree spotted my layout!

Last Sept 28, 2007, I got an email from Kelly Goree. I didn't notice it at first because I thought it was the regular Basic Grey newsletter. Later into the day, I decided to open my new mails. I was on the phone with Kitkat when I saw this...

Kelly Goree <kelly.goree@gmail.com <mailto:kelly.goree@gmail.com wrote:
Hello!

My name is Kelly Goree and I spotted your adorable layout in our BG gallery the other day. I was wondering if you'd consider letting us publish it as our "Eye Spy" feature in our October Newsletter. We pay in 2 collection packs or $35 cash and we'd love to have you participate. If you're interested, this is the information you need to know:

BasicGrey Newsletter ? "Eye Spy"
Overview:
Participant must accept participation by emailing Kelly Goree(
kelly@basicgrey.com)within (3) days of receipt of this email, unless specified otherwise.

Step One:
After completion of layout, participant will do one of the following:
Send a perfect, high-resolution scan (or straight-on photo) of layout/page/project against a white background (preferably white foam board for photos). Format must be jpeg and should be at least 300dpi.

Step Two:
Participant will email a complete supply list to
kelly@basicgrey.com as soon as layout is sent.

Step Three:
Compensation: Our newsletter participants may choose from the following two compensation options:
_ $35 check
_ TWO BasicGrey collection packs of your choice

Whichever option is selected, you need to email kelly@basicgrey.com with the subject title " /Newsletter Compensation Choice/" NO LATER than the 23rd of the month. If no selection is made by the deadline, you will receive TWO Collection packs chosen randomly.

Thank you for working with BasicGrey. We appreciate you sharing your artistic talents with us!

-- Kelly

I was grinning from ear to ear in front of my PC and couldn't absorb what Kitkat was saying. I was trying so hard not to shriek! Of course how could I say no to this wonderful opportunity! I told whoever Scrappin' Moms is online about it. The layout Kelly Goree saw was the one I made for Iris' challenge in Bad Girls.

After I emailed my layout, I kept on checking my emails to see if the newsletter came out already (syempre excited!) and finally it's out!

Thank you to my dear friends who congratulated me. Hay! This is one of the happiest days of my scrapping life! :D



No comments: