Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Animal Fever


I love the new releases of Sassafras Lass, Little Yellow Bicycle and Fancy Pants. Their colors are so bright and fun I had a great time making layouts using them. I finished these 3 layouts along with 2 others in just 1 day!

Animals are the current trend in papers right now. Both Sassafras and Little Yellow Bicycle featured animal papers this season. I enjoyed cutting them out.

Title: It's a jungle out there

I used Sassafras Lass papers in this layout and some leftover papers from Little Yellow Bicycle. I love how Sassafras utilized that small strip attached to the bottom of the paper by making it into a decorative strip.





Title: Dads'Playground


For this layout, I used Fancy Pants' On a Whimsy Papers and transparency. I rummaged through my rub-ons stash and used some of them here. To attach the transparency to the ribbon, i punched holes and attached ribbons to the rays of the sun and the stem of the flowers below. The original transparency was too flowery for me so I replaced the flowers with buttons. I added a monkey cut-out from the Sassafras paper and added buttons for the eyes (got this idea from pia's Pink Paislee layout)







Title: Scrub a dub dub


I made this layout during our adobo party and added some more embellishments at home. I'm so relieved to finally find papers to match these photos since I've been wanting to scrap them for a long time. I used Little Yellow Bicycle Safari Boy line. These papers are perfect for toddler and baby layouts because of their color. I love how these papers are embossed.

All these papers are available at Lasting Impression and are at 5% off on June 27.

No comments: