Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Putting the Philippines in the international scrapbooking map

Since a few months back, these girls have been inspiring us Filipino scrappers, as well as international scrappers with their wonderful layouts...

Ria Mojica - She joined several contests for the past few months and won several of them. To date, she won 12 contests by just submitting layouts she had made wherever it's eligible. And it paid off! Not only her layouts inspire me, but her outlook in scrapping and joining challenges as well. Knowing Ria, she joined all these challenges just for the fun of it. If it wins, then that's a bonus, if not at least she tried. Check out her winning layouts at http://cakesnscraps.blogspot.com/

Pia Lopez - The phrase "Small but terrible" fits Pia to a T! I love how she can make beautiful and unique LOs even with limited supplies. This girl really maximizes all her stuff and has very high EQ when scrapshopping (that's why I need to be with her when I go scrapshopping to stop me from buying things I don't need...hehehe). This proves that you don't need a lot of supplies to create beautiful pages(thus proving also that scrapbooking can be an affordable hobby). She has been winning several challenges since last year and one of her most recent victory is winning the Working Mom magazine challenge. Adding to that, 2 of her layouts tied at first place at Creative Crafts and Stickers and she won the June challenge of Scrappin' Chicks! To top that, she's now on the design team of Daisy Buckets!

Iris Uy - This girl is soooo talented. If you'd seen her scrap, she scraps effortless. Parang sinasaniban..dikit lng ng dikit..pag lingon mo tapos na! Her shabby chic layouts are so amazing, I hope someday I'd be able to absorb some of her shabby chic powers. I tried it once and it just gave me a headache. She also conquered one of her weaknesses, following sketches, as evidenced by her very beautiful LO at the home page of page maps. She won Scenic Route's, Daisy D's and Crop Addict's challenge and is now also a Design Team for Scraplovers! Watch out for her work in the October special issue of Memory Makers.Good work Iris!

Christine Herrin (CH) - This very young talented girl made it to the CK magazine TWICE! I love her clean layouts even with multiple photos as I also like to scrap multiple photos in 1 page. This lucky girl just came back from CKU! Yes, the university for scrapbooking! It's every scrapper's dream to attend even just 1 make and take session in that prestigious university.

Thank you girls for sharing your inspiring layouts with us. More! More! More!

1 comment:

Jeff and Pia Lopez said...

Thanks so much for this April!

Sorry, I didn't see this at once ... it only shows that I'm not a regular blog hopper hehehe.

Hey, you should be added to that list too! You're a great scrapper and I've seen how your scrapping style grew! Keep it up April! Mwah!