Thursday, August 16, 2007

Scraplove Summer Challenge entries




8 weeks ago, I joined ScrapLove's Summer Challenge which lasted for 8 weeks. This challenge has no elimination rounds (though you can take 1 bye week). Though I didn't win this challenge, I 'm still happy I joined this bec this challenge helped me become more conscious of what I put in my layouts. Here are my entries...


Week 1 Challenge - use 3 office supplies in your layout

Title: David's Worth

Office supplies used: 5 1/4" floppy disks, check, page from a small notebook

Other materials used: Piggy tales hansel collection papers, sakura pen, dcwv cardstock, UTEE, joann essentials embossing powder, buttons, autumn leaves talking in circles boys, clothespins, dcwv chipboard stickers, distress ink

Journaling: Amah teased your Ahia that someone placed an ad in the newspaper looking for a cute baby boy in exchange for 12 trucks and asked him if he would like to exchange you. Ahia firmly said NO! Amah increased the number of trucks but Ahia won't give you up even if it's a million trucks! To Ahia you're worth even more than all the cars and trucks in the world!


Week 2 Challenge - use only 1 word in your title


Title: BEEH!

Materials used: DCWV cardstocks in different colors, blings, sakura jelly roll pen, colorbox fluid chalk, making memories paints, mod podge

Journaling: While most babies your age have learned how to opena nd close or clap their hands, sticking your tongue out is what you've managed to learn. You started doing this a few days before you turned 6 months. After a week, you've mastered this complete with sounds and saliva bubbles! You usually do this Mommy's talking or scolding you. Now how can Mommy get mad at you when you look so adorable doing that!


Week 3 Challenge - Use 3 photos, 3 circles, 3 patterned papers, 3 other embellishments and at 3 sentences of journaling.


Title: 3 reasons why I love my Syoti

Materials used: Basic Grey Fruitcake line-Yuletide, gingerbread and Sleigh bells, DCWV cardstock, pebble blings, metal words, ricrac, color box fluid chalk, chipboard
Journaling:

- He's my #1 fan! He laughs at all my jokes and crazy antics
- He's so cute and adorable and looks just like me!
- He's the brother I've been waiting for for almost 9 years.
This layout was voted 3rd place by week 3 guest judge Mou Saha.

I finally got to use Basic Grey papers again and I love the output! I've considered myself BG challenged as I really had a hard time using my 1st batch of BG papers :)

Week 3 Bonus challenge - cardstock, paper and photo must be in circles and use a title of a song as your layout's title

Title: I want to Break Free


The photo was taken one ordinary morning as David was left in his crib. He doesn't like being left alone in his crib which explains his sad face.








Week 4 Challenge - summer bling - make a layout of your favorite summer accesory and add blings or use repetition technique in your layouts.

Title: Lookin' Good in a Bandana

Jounaling: I bought my very first bandanas in Bangkok. Eversince, I alway bring them whenever I go to a trip to the beach. I even make sure my clothes match my bandanas!

Materials used: BG color me silly papers, DCWv cardstock, colorbox fluid chalk, blings and flower blings, coconut button, HS chipboard letters, sakura pen, felt (for the trunk), Chatterbox rubons

My 2nd take on BG papers..


No comments: